Tuesday, March 10, 2009

*embryo (apocalypse as a tool for creation)

Looking at your self in the mirror after having your constructions crushed is an intense experience. I've spent long enough doing this to understand that I'm spending time in a world that cannot be rebuilt. Nostalgia, in all it's sweet charm can be an incredibly dangerous thing. Fortunately for me, it has always been in my nature to avoid backwards steps as if they were wildfire, so the recreation of a life that has now crumbled will always have this artificial taste to it, and that is not a puzzle piece that fits with my personality. So where to from here? I am about to change almost everything in my life, and it goes against every instinct in my frail little body. But the dust has settled and my eyes have adjusted enough for me to see and understand that I have more control than I initially thought. Those infamous thieving heavens have bigger plans for me yet, and in their wisdom, they have faced me with many options. I carve my own path from here, and I must say that my gut feelings are doing a much better job of serving me than I ever could've hoped for. I have faith now in my ability to decide what is right for me, and in the path ahead, the path that is destined for my trails, there lays only prosperity and happyness. I am terrified beyond comprehension, but I have little left to lose. As someone once told me in reference to their own life; "If I get one more chance to stand and fight, it's now or never", those words have never sung so much truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment